All of our rides are designed to be highly sociable and accessible to the widest possible range of abilities and fitness levels; a cross between a sportif and touring holiday feel. We schedule a number of rides over a weekend to allow you to join us for any one or all of them and provide lots of support throughout with group lead riders, a support van for safety, mechanical assistance and tasty feed stations with real food and drink instead of gloopy gels. Accommodation is not included to allow you flexibility to suit your tastes and budget.
Group lunches at tea rooms and coffee shops are included and we oragnise evening meals (not included in the event entry price) if you want to socialise with new friends and share the highlights of the day.
Ride numbers are limited to 30 per day to give the rides a real family feel and we choose routes through the most beautiful countryside to ensure a focus on both physical and mental wellbeing. There are medals for all and we also present spot prizes during evening meals for special highlight moments of the day. Our hope is that you finish having made new friends, feeling proud of your achievements, refreshed and balanced.
Both rides include:
- Guide/pace riders - three or four lovely cycling sherpas who’ll lead you round. you simply choose which pace seems right for you
- Vehicle support - the van will be on hand for mid-morning and mid-afternoon feed stations, as well as mechanical, motivational and first-aid support
- A range of natural and homemade foods and drinks to fuel you, plus an organised lunch stop in a tea room or cafe at approximately halfway
- An online group area where you can get to know fellow riders, ask questions and get hints and tips before the day
- Access to a shared file after the event where you can download and upload photos from the days for sharing
- A lovely shiny balance medal for taking on and overcoming the challenge
- Secret spot prizes are also awarded over the weekend