A unique and exclusive opportunity to experience a day out riding in the hills of the Yorkshire Dales with Simon Warren, the man who literally wrote the book on them! Enjoy a day out in the hills in style with everything provided for you, including a team mechanic, a lovely lunch stop and prizes along the way!
Simon has devised a great 111km route comprising 3 classic ‘100 climbs’ as well as many other humps and bumps along the way. The day will start with Simon giving an outline of the route including tips and insight on how to tackle the climbs. Then hit the road in small groups with plenty of opportunity to chat with Simon along the way, regrouping at the top of each climb.
The circular route, starting and finishing in Grassington, will feature 3 ‘top 100’ climbs of Fleet Moss, Buttertubs Pass and Park Rash, as seen on this year’s Tour de Yorkshire. Cafe stop half way at the Dales Bike Centre in Reeth (food and drink inc in the price)
The ride is suitable for keen cyclists of all abilities, you don’t have to be a hardcore hill climber, you just need to enjoy the challenge of classic Yorkshire climbs, whatever pace you go up them!
At a Glance
- 12 Oct 2018 8:30am
- Tickets On Sale
- Yorkshire Dales ride with Simon WarrenYorkshire Dales ride with Simon WarrenGrassington, North Yorkshire, UK
- Up to 111 km (69 miles)
- From 60.00 GBP
- 30 Riders
Yorkshire Velo Tours are supporting the ride and the entry fee entitles you to:
- Tea/coffee at the start
- Pre-ride briefing from Simon
- Ride in small groups, Yorkshire Velo Tours ride leaders - no one gets left behind!
- Prizes to be awarded by Simon, including fastest climber and most gutsy and determined rider!
- OTE nutrition
- Lunch stop (food and drink)
- Mechanical / vehicle back up for whole ride
- Post ride social at the Old Hall Inn, including presentation of prizes and opportunity for a well deserved drink
This is a small event with plenty of opportunity to get to know other like minded cyclists and enjoy the day as a group experience.