Follow the tyre marks of cycling legends over cols that have been featured in the Tour de France for decades. This epic ride begins with one of the most famous climbs in the world, Mont Ventoux (1912m), the bald mountain. From here you’ll ride east through stunning landscapes of Provence and into the dramatic scenery of the Southern Alps. Over the next few days you’ll cycle up and over some of the most iconic passes in the world – Col du Glandon (1924m), Col du Galibier (2642m) and Col D’Izoard (2360m) before tackling the almost-mythical beast that is the Alpe D’Huez (1860m).
The French Alps are a mecca for any cyclist, providing challenge and incredible scenery at every turn. Put simply, this trip includes some of the finest cycling in the world, packed into eight glorious days in the saddle.
At a Glance
- 18 Aug 2019 7:00am
- Tickets On Sale
- Ventoux to Alpe D'HuezVentoux to Alpe D'HuezMarseille, France, France
- Up to 135 km (84 miles)
- From 1325.00 GBP
- 12 Riders
- Climbing the iconic Mont Ventoux
- The breathtaking scenery and fresh air of the Southern Alps
- Testing yourself on some of the classics of the Tour de France
- Seemingly endless and exhilarating descents
- Staying in picturesque mountain villages
- Sampling local food and wine of this fantastic region
- Tackling the twenty-one switchbacks of Alpe D’Huez