Tackle some of the most famous climbs in the world through the incredible scenery of Provence and the French Alps. This trip includes many dream climbs for any serious cyclist including Mont Ventoux, Col du Galibier, Col D’Izoard, Col du Glandon, and the mighty Alpe D’Huez.
Follow the tyre marks of cycling legends over cols that have been featured in the Tour de France for decades. This epic ride begins with one of the most famous climbs in the world, Mont Ventoux (1912m), the bald mountain. From here you’ll ride east through stunning landscapes of Provence and into the dramatic scenery of the Southern Alps. Over the next few days you’ll cycle up and over some of the most iconic passes in the world – Col du Glandon (1924m), Col du Galibier (2642m) and Col D’Izoard (2360m) before tackling the almost-mythical beast that is the Alpe D’Huez (1860m).
The French Alps are a mecca for any cyclist, providing challenge and incredible scenery at every turn. Put simply, this trip includes some of the finest cycling in the world, packed into eight glorious days in the saddle.
We do not require sponsorship for this ride and by paying a small deposit, you can secure your place on one of our open trips. Alternatively if you have a small group, we can put on a bespoke trip to suit you. Please get in touch for further details.
At a Glance
- 23 Jun 2019 7:00pm
- Tickets On Sale
- Ventoux to Alpe D'HuezVentoux to Alpe D'HuezRugeley, UK
- Up to 135 km (84 miles)
- From 1325.00 GBP
- Unknown Riders
- Cycle leader/guide
- Support vehicle & driver/cycle mechanic
- 7 x night’s hotel accommodation
- 7 x breakfasts
- 7 x buffet lunches
- Transfer from Marseille Airport
- Transfer to Geneva Airport
- Luggage transfers throughout
- GPX files of the route (if requested)
- Bicycle and Helmet
- Flights to Marseille & from Geneva (approx cost £150 return from London; door-to-door bicycle/luggage transfer available)
- Evening meals, drinks and snacks
- European Health Card (www.ehic.org.uk/Internet/home.do)