Your day starts by following the Lune cycleway and heading through Halton village before a short, sharp climb that gains the quiet road that heads north and towards The Lakes.
Traffic free lanes then lead to a short section of quiet A road through Burton in Kendal and continues over the busy A65 at a roundabout. After a short distance, deserted country lanes are rejoined and then followed around the large Cumbrian town of Kendal.
Your route joins and follows the A road that heads to Shap for a short way before descending to cross the hidden River Sprint and following the remote lanes that lead to Staveley village, with its toilets and feedstation.
Once through the village you will head south on remote lanes through several village and head across the busy A6 towards the coast at Arnside.
You will turn your back to the coast to head inland and through the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty that we ride most, to pass through our home town of Carnforth and back up to the surrounding hillsides. Here you can savour a memorable view across Morecambe Bay and the Cumbrian Fells before dropping back down to event HQ.
Once back you can enjoy a well earned drink, snack and massage before relaxing poolside.
At a Glance
- 20 Oct 2019 10:00am
- Tickets On Sale
- Lake Distrtict 30 milerLake Distrtict 30 milerLancaster, Lancashire, UK
- Up to 56 km (35 miles)
- From 20.00 GBP
- 1000 Riders
- free parking on tarmac
- on site toilets, changing and showers
- entry on event day available
- mechanical support
- 1st aiders en route
- 100% waymarked course
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- regular well stocked feed stations en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- times published online post event
- several broom wagons
- post ride sports massage
- post ride snacks and drinks
- complimentary post ride swim, sauna, steam and jacuzzi
- souvenir event medals and clothing available for purchase
- weekend package to include overnights and event entry available