Your day begins on the Lune cycleway and heads through Halton village before a short, sharp climb to gain the quiet road that heads north and towards The Lakes.
Traffic free lanes lead to a short section of quiet A road through Burton in Kendal and continues over the busy A65 at a roundabout. After a short distance deserted country lanes are rejoined and followed around the large Cumbrian town of Kendal.
Your route joins and follows the A road that heads to Shap summit and village, this is rarely busy with traffic and it is a joy to follow it up and up into the remote fells before a loo and refreshment stop in Shap itself.
Country lanes are ridden from Shap, all the way to Pooley Bridge at the head of Ullswater, you will ride the complete North side of the lake and through both Glenridding and Patterdale hamlets, before passing Brothers Water to the foot of the infamous Kirkstone Pass.
A steady grind will see you though the 20% sections and up to The Kirkstone Inn at 1 481 ft above sea level and then its downhill all the way to the village of Staveley.
Once through the village – with its loos and feedstation, you will head south on remote lanes through several village and head across the busy A6 towards the coast at Arnside.
You turn your back to the coast to head inland and through the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty that we ride most, to pass through our home town of Carnforth and back up to the surrounding hillsides. Here you can savour a last view across Morecambe Bay and the Cumbrian Fells before dropping back down to event HQ.
Once back you can enjoy a well earned drink, snack and massage before relaxing poolside.
At a Glance
- 09 Jun 2019 10:00am
- Tickets On Sale
- Lake District 100 milerLake District 100 milerLancaster, Lancashire, UK
- Up to 161 km (100 miles)
- From 30.00 GBP
- 1000 Riders
- free parking on tarmac
- on site toilets, changing and showers
- entry on event day available
- mechanical support
- 1st aiders en route
- 100% waymarked course
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- regular well stocked feed stations en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- times published online post event
- several broom wagons
- post ride sports massage
- post ride snacks and drinks
- complimentary post ride swim, sauna, steam and jacuzzi
- souvenir event medals and clothing available for purchase
- weekend package to include overnights and event entry available