You leave the start area and head east along the Lune Cycleway into Caton village, once through the village you quickly find yourself riding into remote countryside where little traffic ever comes.
For several miles ahead you will enjoy great views across Morecambe Bay and The Fylde Coast, on the right day Snowdonia and Scotland can be clearly seen as you progress.
The terrain gets more and more remote until Chipping village is reached, once through, its back to riding country lanes, with great views across to Pendle Hill all the way to Waddington where your route heads back towards the Bowland hills.
An ascent of the well know Cow Ark leads to Dunsop Bridge, which is the geographic center of the British Isles, after which a quiet lane if followed up the challenging ascent of The Trough of Bowland, a well know test piece for local cyclists.
Once you get your breath back undulating lanes lead past the Jubilee Tower and its amazing view over the local area, this is the final ascent of the day, and before you know you will be back at event HQ, where you can relax with a well earned drink, snack, massage and jacuzzi.
At a Glance
- 18 Aug 2019 10:00am
- Tickets On Sale
- Forest of Bowland 60 milerForest of Bowland 60 milerLancaster, Lancashire, UK
- Up to 104 km (65 miles)
- From 25.00 GBP
- 1000 Riders
- free parking on tarmac
- on site toilets, changing and showers
- entry on event day available
- mechanical support
- 1st aiders en route
- 100% waymarked course
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- regular well stocked feed stations en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- times published online post event
- several broom wagons
- post ride sports massage
- post ride snacks and drinks
- complimentary post ride swim, sauna, steam and jacuzzi
- souvenir event medals and clothing available for purchase
- weekend package to include overnights and event entry available