The Dunoon Dirt Dash is an overnight bikepacking event on Scotland’s Adventure Coast, split over two days with an overnight camp. After a successful first event in 2019 the DDD will be back in 2020!
The basics you need to know before entering:
- When: Saturday 26 to Sunday 27 September 2020
- Format: non-timed, self-supported reliability trial with overnight camping
- Route: around 131km (81 miles). The course for 2019 included a section of 4.5km hike a bike, which crosses steep, boggy terrain where pushing the bike is neccesary and there are NO obvious tracks.
- Entries: TBC
- Navigation: The route will be supplied after entries have closed on komoot. You will be able to download the GPX file there. The course is not marked, you are responsible for your own navigation. All attendees agree not to share the route on any other route planning, social media or online platforms.
- Bikes: mountain bikes & gravel bikes (e-bikes are allowed, but we cannot guarantee charging points) with a minimum recommended tire size of 40mm, which must be in good working order
- Terrain: Singletrack, gravel paths, forestry roads, public roads, cycle paths and terrain without an obvious route choice
- Start: 9am at Dunoon Pier
- Finish: Sunday afternoon/evening at Puck’s Rest, 54 Victoria Parade, Dunoon PA23 7HU
- What is provided: Pre-ride party on 25 September, rider briefing, route/file for navigation, campsite & evening meal on 26 September, goodie bag, broom wagon
- Camping: We provide a suitable place to pitch your tent with other riders, toilets and a very basic shower, drinking water supply, catering. There are no other facilities (shop etc.) Check out pictures from the campsite here
- Food: Riders will be provided with a complimentary evening meal by Winston Churchill Venison. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free version are available on request. You need to bring your own bowl, mug, fork and spoon.
- Minimum kit: Helmet, front and rear lights, sufficient water, emergency blanket or sleeping bag, waterproof jacket, first aid kit, phone or GPS for navigation, multitool, spare tube, tire levers, puncture repair kit, tent/bivvy bag/tarp. You need to carry all your own kit.
- Insurance: You will need your own insurance.
- Refunds and Transfers: You are able to insure your entry on EntryCentral, so we cannot offer refunds. You are able to transfer your entry to another person on EntryCentral.
At a Glance
- 26 Sep 2020 9:00am
- Tickets Not On Sale
- Dunoon Dirt DashDunoon Dirt DashDunoon, Argyll and Bute, UK
- Up to 131 km (81 miles)
- Unknown CostFrom GBP
- Unknown Riders