Anyone noticed the roads deteriorating faster than usual around Lancashire?
The new bikes join the Ribble HT 725 (steel) and HT Ti (titanium) 27.5" hardtails launched by Ribble in 2019.
Both the new bikes feature 6061-T6 heat treated aluminium frames with smoothed welds and fully internal cable routing, designed specifically say Ribble for off-road tough trail riding.
Ribble describe the HT Trail AL 29 as "a versatile aluminium trail hardtail that is designed for nailing singletrack and trails", while the HT AL is "the definitive hardcore hardtail that deserves to be ridden flat out and adrenaline fuelled when the terrain pushes you to your limits."
The HT Trail AL 29 is designed around 130mm of tune-able suspension, with modern trail geometry - a slack 64° head angle and long wheelbase - to inspire confidence on fast technical descents.
Both bikes feature 148mm Boost rear spacing, shortened chainstays and internal cable routing for an optional dropper post.
We particularly like the finish: the smooth welds mean the frame could easily pass for carbon, and the matt anthracite with brushed chrome mirror graphics on the HT AL Trail looks really smart in the launch photos.
For riders still wedded to the in-betweener 27.5" wheel size, the HT AL is built around 150mm suspension for tackling the toughest trails.
Ample frame clearance for a 27.5"x2.6" tyres mean you can go wide with your rubber, for exceptional grip and control across all types of terrain.
As usual with Ribble, both machines are available in a choice of suggested builds or can be customised to your own specification via BikeBuilder and finished in your own colourway with Custom Colour.
Prices start at £1399 for the Sport edition, or as frame only for £599.
The full range is:
- HT Trail AL 29 - Sport (SRAM SX Eagle, Rockshox Recon Silver RL 130mm Forks) From £1,399
- HT Trail AL 29 - Enthusiast (SRAM NX Eagle, Rockshox 35 Gold RL 29 130mm Forks) From £1,699
- HT Trail AL 29 - Pro (SRAM GX Eagle, Rockshox Revelation RC 29 130mm Forks) From £1,999
- HT Trail AL Frame, From £599
- HT AL - Sport (SRAM SX Eagle, Rockshox Recon Silver RL 150mm Forks) From £1,399
- HT AL - Enthusiast (SRAM NX Eagle, Rockshox 35 Gold RL 150mm Forks) From £1,699
- HT AL - Pro (SRAM GX Eagle, Rockshox Revelation RC 150mm Forks) From £1,999
- HT AL - Frame, From £599
Whether it's a commentary on the battered tarmac around Ribble's home turf, or simply catering to the trend towards off-road adventures, the new bikes are a welcome addition to the Preston marque's ever-growing stable.
If we can grab a demo bike to take for a spin, we'll be sure to update with a full review.