Your ride initially follows the River Lune along its cycleway towards Halton village, once through the village you continue up through the sheep filled pastures high above the Lune Valley, a short, sharp ascent is followed by the descent to Aughton and then on to Gressingham.
Narrow lanes are followed through several more small villages before you join the short section of wide and quiet A road that heads North towards Burton in Kendal village.
The main road is quickly left in favour of deserted lanes that skirt around Farleton Knott and lead to Hutton Roof, you continue along the lanes, through several small hamlets and eventually you will enjoying memorable views across Morecambe Bay and the Cumbrian Fells.
Before you know it, you will be recrossing the River Lune and be back at event HQ, where you enjoy a well earned drink, snack and massage before relaxing in the pool.
At a Glance
- 28 Apr 2019 10:00am
- Tickets On Sale
- Yorkshire Dales 30 milerYorkshire Dales 30 milerLancaster, Lancashire, UK
- Up to 37 km (23 miles)
- From 20.00 GBP
- 1000 Riders
- free parking on tarmac
- on site toilets, changing and showers
- entry on event day available
- mechanical support
- 1st aiders en route
- 100% waymarked course
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- British Cycling Public Liability insurance cover
- regular well stocked feed stations en route
- friendly marshals and helpers
- times published online post event
- several broom wagons
- post ride sports massage
- post ride snacks and drinks
- complimentary post ride swim, sauna, steam and jacuzzi
- souvenir event medals and clothing available for purchase
- weekend package to include overnights and event entry available