The Rumble has long been billed as a Come and Try event in recent years, and with the revised date we are planning to extend the event to include all the new riders and families who have taken to cycling during these unprecedented times.
This event has been the season opener for experienced riders to get the magic 100mile or 100kms ride under their belts, without the pressure of a classic timed sportive, the pandemic has changed everything.
We will introduce a bike friendly, new short route plus a family ride around St Ives on cycle paths.
Check out the routes before entering to ensure you get the right ride for you or contact us to discuss what we can do to help and offer.
We plan to have mechanical support from Richardson’s Cycles with free bike checks for all entrants from September 1st and back up on the day. We will also have experienced chaperones/ride leaders for the short and family rides to help everyone around safely.
All proceeds from the short and Family ride will go to the St Ives Mayors charity.
HQ and registration will be held at the IVO centre and Zest Café where free tea and coffee will be available before and after the ride.
There will be feed stops on the 3 longer rides and these riders will receive a food token for beans or cheese on toast on their return.
- Final information will be emailed out 2 days before the start and put on line
- Online entries available until midnight 25th September. Long Route £35, Medium £30 and Short £22.
- Family Ride £5 per adult, children free up to 2 children per adult. £15 per family group (max 6)
- Guaranteed ride on the day at £5 extra
- Registration at St Ivo Sports Centre, Westwood Road, PE27 6WU
- Free CAR PARKING at St Ivo Centre and East Street public car park
- Start at Richardson Cycles in the Broadway PE27 5BX and finish at the St IVO Centre PE27 6WU.
- New long ride starts at 08.00am to 09.00am
- Medium route starts at 08.30am to 09.30am
- Short Route starts at 09.30am to 10.00am
- Family ride Starts at 10.30am to 11.30am
- Fully arrowed route with advance warning signs
- GPX files available for download
- Free mechanical assistance en route
- Well stocked feed points.
- NEW! Ride chaperones and ride leaders available to newcomers to sportives and on the family ride. Please sign up for these on line or at registration
- Broom Wagon for assistance
- After ride snack included at the Zest Café for the Long, Medium, and Short route riders.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME OF THE EVENT INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION PROCESSES MAY CHANGE IN ACCORDANCE TO RELEVANT SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES AT THE TIME OF THE EVENT. ALSO, WE CANNOT CURRENTLY CONFIRM IF ENTRIES ON THE DAY WILL BE ALLOWED. FINAL DETAILS AND INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE PUBLISHED AS USUAL A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT.
Registration will be at the new St Ivo Centre on Westwood Road PE27 6WU where there is ample car parking and changing facilities. The Zest café will be open for free tea and coffee plus light snacks from 07.00am, for you to purchase. There is an overflow car park in East Street less than ½ mile from registration and 200m from the start this is free on Sundays.
Registration will open at 7.15am and close at 09.30am to sign on and collect your numbers, the first riders can start at 08.00am on the long ride and 08.30am for the medium ride, short route starts at 09.30am.
The ride will not be timed as to take away the pressure for our newcomers to sportive events and keep cost to a minimum.
The route will be fully arrowed using the well-tried Wheels in Wheels system with confirmations within 200m of each turn and every mile along the whole route. If you do not see a sign do not turn.
Extra warning signs will be displayed where necessary and we will ask riders to adjust their riding to the conditions. See samples on display.
A basic map is available on request for each route. Please note the emphasis is on the rider to stay on the route, emergency telephone numbers for the day will be available at registration and the start so please make a note of these for your own safety.
Final information Final information will be emailed out 2 days before the start and put on line
On-line entries Online entries available until midnight 16th April. Long Route £35, Medium £30 and short £22
Guaranteed ride on the day at £5 extra
Registration at St Ivo Sports Centre, Westwood Road,
Free CAR PARKING at St Ivo Centre and East Street public car park
Start at Richardson Cycles in the Broadway PE27 5BX and finish at the St IVO Centre PE27 6WU.
New long ride starts at 08.00am to 09.00am
Medium route starts at 08.30am to 09.30am
Short Route starts at 09.30am to 10.00am
Fully arrowed route with advance warning signs
GPX files available for download
Free mechanical assistance en route
Well stocked feed points. Please note the short ride only has a drink stop. Toilets may be limited
New! Ride Chaperones and Ride leaders available for newcomers to sportives
Broom Wagon for assistance
FREE meal After ride snack included at the Zest Café